A leader is always the one who inspires you to not only bring the best within your self but in others. He also is the one who encourages you to expand your boundaries and help you inspire others to expand their boundaries. Last week we got that one leader who inspires us and encourages us to go beyond what we can do. Introducing Santhosh, our fun loving student secretary!
What changes do you observe in your journey to become an artist in CAVA?
I was the class representative in both 1st and 2nd foundation. Yes, I did have responsibilities but they were limited to my class.
I still remember an incident which took place when we were in our 2nd foundation. We missed our college trip to Hampi due to the misguidance by some of our seniors. That was the moment that I decided to become the Secretary of the college and make a couple of changes so that we could all be one big family. A family called CAVA.
What changes do you want to make?
I do not want to make any major changes with regards to the college. CAVA is a beautiful place and I want to preserve it and see that it runs efficiently. But yes, there is one thing that I would love to change and that is to increase the stipend given to the students so that it could help those who depend upon it.
What message would you like to give the students of CAVA?
Stop Groupism! Like all other places we can see students dividing themselves on the basis of language religion etc. Instead of constricting yourself to only "your" kind of people it would be nice if everyone would break the barriers and help one and other be it in language or their work.
What about the students suffering from inferiority complex?
In my opinion everyone suffers from inferiority complex. The difference is how you decide to handle it.
What would you look back to and be proud of someday?
Alot of our college funds are eaten up for all the wrong reasons. Due to this we find a shortage of funds to aid programs. I would like to make sure this never happens.
What according to you is the best part about CAVA?
Due to a world full of competition, it is very difficult for the society to let you do what makes you happy. Even though some people are brave enough to do it, many places dont give you enough freedom of thoughts and expression. CAVA is the exact opposite though. There is a lot of freedom and you dont get stressed as easily and you are almost always at peace. This for me is the best part about CAVA.
Interviewed by- Rahul Ravishanker
3rd year BFA
Posted by- Nicole Menezes and Simona Pereira
1st foundation
For more information please visit our facebook page at www.facebook.com/allthingscava
For inquiries E mail us at allthingscava@gmail.com

No comments:
Post a Comment